Sunday, July 4, 2010

Father's Day Surprise

I was pretty sure Andrew knew what he was getting for Father's Day, so I decided to add a little twist to it. I actually had two gift ideas in mind - a softball bat or a workout set (pull-up bar, push up handles, dumbbell weights). Because he guessed I was getting him a softball bat, I purchased the rest of the gifts, wrapped them and put the workout set behind door number one and the softball bat behind door number two and made him choose. It was a fun way to add a surprise to what Andrew thought was not going to be a surprise. He had no idea what was going on when I led him downstairs. In the end, he chose door number 2 with the softball bat. After he gawked over the bat, I showed him what he could have had behind door number one and I actually gave him a chance to choose the workout set if he wanted to, but he stuck with the bat. I returned the workout set the next day and that was it -- game complete!





1 comment:

Becky said...

Fun idea Rach! I love your other posts too :) Is Silver Lake the one we hiked together? I couldn't remember. XX