Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our first real trip - Part 1

Salt Lake City, UT -> St. Louis, Ohio

I knew I needed to be at this wedding in Memphis for one of my Davidson friends for quite some time. Originally, it was just going to be me and Kaili, but I started to think that I should probably try and talk Andrew into coming with me. It just so happened that we had Southwest vouchers from a canceled flight and that we needed to use them by July. It also just so happened that Southwest doesn't fly into Memphis, so it would be either Nashville or St. Louis. Then it clicked - Andrew has been wanting to visit his uncle Scott for quite some time and he lives in St. Louis!

Long story short, we were flying into St. Louis on the 27th, staying there two nights, driving 4 hours to Memphis on Friday, staying there two nights and then driving back up to St. Louis and flying out on Sunday the 31st.

I have been excited and nervous for this trip for a while mainly because I wasn't sure how Kaili would handle it all (I bet those of you with 5 kids are laughing right now). Luckily she was an angel ALL WEEKEND LONG, and we had plenty of fun to go around. Here are some pictures of her on her first flight and a few with Scott & Stephanie and their two kids Saida and Harmon.

1st hour of flight - asleep

Middle of flight - baby einstein on dvd

Bush's Farm, St. Louis

Kaili with Saida

Bandana Barbeque

The boys (Andrew and Uncle Scott)

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard

The Skeen clan

The Famous St. Louis Arch

Touching the Mississippi

No comments: